Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 203 - Thanksgiving


So I did not do a blog yesterday for day 202 because I knew today was Thanksgiving and I would have a chance to try new things today.  We were invited over to some friends to share their Thanksgiving meal, and how awesome is that?  We had a really good time, and the kids were so happy.  The fun, food and fellowship is such a blessing.  I am so appreciative for the invitation, truly.

I tried a sweet potato thing she had made.  I have no idea what exactly was in it, but it was okay.  I have been  feeling nauseated last night and today, so one bite was all I really needed.

She also made these amazing home-made rolls from scratch.  My oh my - I am in awe of her talents.  They were heaven on a plate I tell ya.  I may just have to learn how to make such things :)

I also have to confess, I am always nervous about eating turkey at someone else's house.  Just me being weird and neurotic, I know, but still after all these years, it freaks me out just a bit.  So I am quite proud of myself for not really worrying about it, and enjoying the turkey.  I ate some -a serving worth I'm sure.  It was really good.  I liked it a lot.  Yay for awesome turkey.

Our hostess also made a pumpkin pie that I was really tempted to taste, but alas, I did not.  I was a bit afraid of the nausea factor ... and I am pretty darn certain that I would love it and not want just one bite.  All of my kids were fascinated with her pumpkin pie and thought it was fantabulous.  I was really tempted, but I passed.

Anyway, hope you had a happy Thanksgiving ... many blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment