Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 200 - Chicken Marinara Cheese Creation

So - I am terrible, I did not get a picture of the dinner I made.  Oh well.

Tonight I decided to use some frozen chicken thighs I had, and some leftover marinara sauce, leftover cheddar cheese (shredded) and leftover parm. cheese (shredded) - and throw it all together.  The marinara sauce had basil in it.  I basically put the frozen chicken in a pan, spritzed it with a little olive oil, covered all the chicken with the marinara sauce, and then sprinkled half the cheese all over.  Baked until half way done - about 30 minutes covered.  Took it out - poured the rest of the cheese on top of the creation, uncovered, and baked 20 more minutes.   Everyone loved it - well everyone except me.  I took a small bite of a small piece of chicken that was not really a thigh, but more like a random piece that came out of the bag.  It was done way before the actual thighs were done, so I took my opportunity to try it.  I cannot say I liked it.  I wish I did.  The smell was pleasant, and I thought for sure I would probably be okay with it.  But alas, no, it was not.  Everyone else loved it though, so that means it was just me.  Oh well.

I also made peas to go with the dinner.  I tried them again (have done it before in this challenge).  You can probably guess the outcome.  Still hate them.  Ugh.

Meanwhile - I saw a neat photo/saying that I just love, so I will share it here.  Hope you had a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment