Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 192 - Greenberry Shamrock Shake

Here is the recipe I made:


Greenberry Shakeology Shamrock Shake Recipe

  • 8 oz of milk
  • 4 oz of water and ice
  • splash of peppermint extract
  • 1 tsp of peanut butter  (note, I used almond butter)
  • 2 tbsp of sugar free vanilla or cheesecake jello instant pudding mix
  • packet of greenberry shakeology
All you do is blend all of this and that’s it! 
I wish I could say that I was madly in love with this, but not really.  It was good enough that I could see the potential.  Apparently the recipe was totally serious when they said 'a splash' of peppermint extract.   I think I put too much in there, because it was way too strong ... like clear your sinuses kind of strong.  I really did not think I put much in there when I made it in the blender, but clearly, I did.
I love the Greenberry Shakeology shake by itself, and it is oh so good for you.   I just wanted to try a new variation.  But maybe I'll just try this recipe without the mint all together.   My husband is not a fan of mint at all, so he was not even remotely interested in tasting my adventure.  My son tasted it - the one who is usually willing - and said 'uh, no thanks, no more'.  Oh well.  I put the rest in the freezer, and will come up with something to do with it later.  Would welcome suggestions :)
Meanwhile, happy shakin' everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually pretty adventurous when it comes to food, but Mint + PB= Yuk! I wouldn't even save that one- It'd go right down the garbage disposal.

    ReplyDelete