Sunday, November 06, 2011

Day 186 - Cheese, Ham and Ants on a Log

So, today was my son's 8th birthday party.  We had it at the fire station in our neighborhood. It was so fun, total success - - in my humble opinion.

For the party - we had cupcakes - and they were yummlicious.  Yes, I had about half of one.  I'm not really a cake person by nature - - but I did have some - and it was quite good.  We also had pineapples - in which we stuck toothpicks all over it - and the toothpicks had ham cubes and colby jack cheese squares on the toothpicks.  I had two of these at the party.  I did eat the ham/cheese thingy ... did not care for it at all ... but, hey I gave it a whirl -and the pineapples looked pretty.  I also had a tray of ants on a log ... basically celery and peanut butter and raisins.  I gotta tell ya - I did not like this either.  I really hate celery - and I cannot even stand the smell of it.  I was hoping with the peanut butter - I might like it better, but no dice.  Oh well.  At any rate, the party was fun - and the kids loved our treats.

At dinner time, my daughter cooked up that asparagus I bought.  She did it in the skillet on the stove and added all kinds of seasonings to it.  I did not brave a taste.  The smell alone, kept me far away from the kitchen, wasn't going near it.   Will have to give asparagus a try another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment