Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 194 - Not feeling Peachy

OMG ... the thing I tried today, was a total accident.  The one thing I have always hated (smell, taste, touch, whatever) ... is peach.   I do not like anything remotely resembling peach.  I hate peach scented candles or lotions.  I hate to touch peaches.  I certainly do not like actual peaches or peach flavored things.  I am not sure if it is mental or physical or what, but I had an experience as a child where we went peach picking.  We came home and my mom threw me in the tub with the other kids we went with.   I had a terrible reaction to it.  My skin was just awful.   I felt yucky for days.  I was little when this happened, little enough to be thrown in a tub with other kids ... but I definitely remember it ... and have hated all things peach ever since.

So anyway, I went to Sonic to get just a plain iced tea.  That is what I ordered.  That is what I expected.  So I take a big drink, and holy cow - it was PEACH SWEET TEA.  Nasty stuff.  I literally gagged.   I tell you what, it is one thing to gear up for trying something new ... to think about it, to plan it, to embrace it.  It is totally another thing to be bambooozled and shocked by something you were NOT expecting.

I don't know about you - but I am counting that as my NEW thing for the day.  Not sure I could handle any other adventures right now, tee hee.   Moral of the story ... no peach nothing for this mama!

PS:  Just for the record, I was NOT eating food at Sonic - - was purely there for the plain tea.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment