Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 171 - Spinach Artichoke Hummus

So, today we had fun at a new Farmer's Market in Sugar Land, which is not far from us.  We took half our children with us, the youngest two.   Thomas (age 6) had lost a tooth and got a dollar from the tooth fairy.  He walks up to the guy selling cucumbers and says 'how many cucumbers can I get for a dollar?'.  The guy gave him two and put them in a bag.  He was thrilled.  Now; how many kids do you know who want to spend their tooth fairy money on cucumbers?   It was too cute.

While there, I sampled a few things - one of them was something called Banana Nut Rum Cake.  I did not have a big bite, as I don't really need cake on my hips ... but I tell you what - it was super yummy.   I have never even heard of Banana Nut Rum Cake, but it was fabulous.

After our adventure at the Farmer's Market, we hit up a new H.E.B. that just opened up in Sugar Land as well.  This is a Texas chain grocery store.  My husband had been there, but I had not.  Thomas was super thrilled to go to H.E.B., because he knows they always have samples.  We tried different kinds of cheese and breads and crackers and things.  Some of those cheese were just weird, and horribly expensive ... not a clue who buys small pieces of cheese things for $13.99 - - that just seems crazy to me.  Anyway, the big hit seemed to be the Spinach Artichoke Hummus on a whole grain cracker.  I have heard of Spinach Artichoke Dip ... but did not know they made that combination with Hummus.  I tried regular plain Hummus not long ago as part of this challenge and hated it.  Oddly enough - this one was a wee bit better.  I cannot say that I love it like my sweet 6 yr old Thomas does, but it was okay.  Look closely at the pic of Thomas below and you'll see the bag he is holding which has his awesome cucumbers.

I also did some window shopping at this H.E.B. and saw that they have Chia Seeds - which is something else I want to try.  They had a good selection of Health Foods and produce, etc.  Did some price comparisons.  Definitely an educational trip for mama.

Hope you had a good day so far.

Thomas at the Farmers' Market

Daddy and James at the Farmers' Market



No comments:

Post a Comment