Thursday, October 06, 2011

Day 154 - Crushed Tomatoes

So, we all know how I have spoken before about my complete aversion to tomatoes, and how the thought of eating one just makes me want to hurt.  Today, I took a baby step.  I ate a spoon full of crushed tomatoes.  Now, granted they were from a can - - but baby steps, people!   I didn't die.  Amazing, I didn't even hurl.  I was not overly impressed and was not salivating for more, but it was okay.  I do realize that the crushed tomatoes would likely have been more appealing had they been hot, like in the soup.  One of these days, before the challenge is done, I will have to put an actual raw/real tomato in my mouth.  I should probably video the experience and YouTube it or something.   Lord knows it will be a memorable moment for this mama.  Memorable, indeed.

Then, I proceeded to make my Tomato Bean Soup in the crock pot as I have done before with kidney beans.  I liked it okay.  I was not in love - but definitely okay.  I added a little bit of onion flakes to the mix this time, whereas I did not do that before.  It was a big hit with the family.  YAY for crock pots.

Hope you're having a happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment