Thursday, October 06, 2011

Day 155 - Oatmeal Creation

So, in my attempt to make an oatmeal creation of my own, that was a little different, here is what I tried.  I used steel cut oats, cinnamon, skim milk, agave nectar, natural peanut butter, ground flax seed and water obviously.  I didn't really measure, I just kind of threw it together in a pot.

I must say - it was pretty darn good.  I will definitely keep playing around with creations and amounts.  Next time, maybe some fruit??  I'm envisioning chopped apples or blueberries or blackberries maybe? I know I heard recently that it is better to buy the flax seed whole and grind it up yourself like in a coffee grinder, but I don't have that and I had to work with what I've got - and I've already got a bag of ground flax seed.  Definitely something to remember for the future though.


1 comment:

  1. I used pre-ground flaxseed also. Its better than nothing, right? Also, I find that with fruit, I don't need the extra sugar from agave or honey. If you put some chopped apples with cinnamon in there and then cook it with the apples in there, its like apple pie. YUM! I also enjoy peaches in my oatmeal. Bananas I add after I'm done cooking the oats. I've got a million tips for oatmeal recipes, just feel free to ask!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete