Friday, October 07, 2011

Day 156 - Golden Raisins, Croissants

I'm not feeling that great today, not sure if it is allergies or what.   The energy has just evaporated and I feel like I ran a marathon or something, but surely did not.

First, I tried golden raisins.  To me, they do not taste any different than regular raisins.  Raisins is something of a new thing for me.  My entire life I wouldn't go near them.  If a cookie or a muffin or something had raisins in it, then forget it.  However; in this new foods adventure, I tried raisins, and even yogurt covered raisins, and determined that they are not evil.  They are even okay.  I liked the raisins today too.  I think if I just keep introducing them to myself, I'll get more and more use to them, and maybe they can be another go-to snack.

Tonight, my husband made croissants with dinner.  I know this is probably hard to believe, my own husband barely believed it, but I have never eaten a croissant.  At least I have no memory of such.  So I tried one.  Boy oh boy, I loved it.  How in the world did I never eat one of these things?  Yummy on a napkin.  Anyway, I realize I do not need to love bread, so I only ate one.  Definitely stopped at one.  Should probably have stopped at just a bite, but man it was good.

Have a good weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment