Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 163 - Spinach Rice Soup and Beer Bread

Well, my daughter, who will be 15 on Monday, is quite a talented Chef.  She absolutely loves to cook, and she always wants to make sure it is healthy.  I taught her to cook when she was little because she was behind in her reading.  I figured recipes and cooking were good because it was math and reading.  I had no idea what I was starting, man oh man, she's a gifted genius.

So tonight she threw together some cooked rice, wilted spinach, low sodium organic chicken brother, grated lemon peel, apple cider vinegar, a little bit of flour and minced garlic and diced scallions.  I think that's everything.  It smelled so good when she was making it.  Everyone was impressed.   She also made beer bread to go with it. Yes, I let my daughter have a beer - but only for cooking (Tee hee).  

Yes, I tried the soup.  Yes, I actually liked it okay.  I won't say I'm in love with it, but it was definitely okay for me, and I was quite surprised.  I was very nervous about trying it, as you know how I am ... but I was determined to give it a go.  I am so glad I did.  I also like the beer bread, quite a lot.  I won't eat much, because honestly I don't really need to be eating much bread, but it is good - for sure.

Tomorrow, at 7:45 a.m. I have been invited to some kind of boot camp with my good friend and inspiration (R.S.)  She is very strong and she recommends this boot camp highly, so I am excited.

So YAY for me - I ate two things tonight I never thought I would - and tomorrow I am going to step out of my comfort zone big time and go play at a boot camp where I totally expect to have my butt kicked.


No comments:

Post a Comment