Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 166 - Birthday Cake

Well, yes, I have had birthday cake in my lifetime, but I truly have never had this kind of cake before.  It is called Italian Cream Cake and it even has coconut in the icing.  I usually detest coconut and avoid it at all costs.  I do not eat anything, EVER, that has coconut in it.  However; today is my precious daughter's birthday (15 yrs old) - and this is the cake she wanted, and she wanted/insisted that I have a bite.  SO I put aside my aversion to coconut and decided to give a taste.

Oh my gosh - I loved it.  Seriously - heaven on a fork.  Where in the world has this cake been all my life?  I had no idea cake could be so good.  I normally do not even care about cake.  However; I did use some self control and only had a little bit.  It was enough though - to know for sure - I am in love.

SO, I cannot believe my one and only baby girl is 15 years old.  Time flies.   Hope you all had a happy Monday.

So this is the lovely cake !


AND... This is me and the lovely girl!


And ... this is when my baby girl was just 4 years old!

and in case you're wondering why I'm not showing a baby picture, she was four years old when we 'GOT' her... yep, she was a foster daughter we adopted.  She was 4 years old when she came into our lives, and we are so glad she did.  Doctors told me I'd probably not have children.  THAT is now hilarious, because I have since given birth to 3 sons!  But nonetheless, we are so glad the Good Lord saw fit to put her into our lives and our family.  She has truly been an awesome blessing beyond imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment