Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 219 - An Adventure

So this was a Saturday for adventure, where we spent 6 hours in the car to enjoy a Polar Express Santa Train ride with our boys.  We drove three hours to Palestine, TX - - enjoyed the experience there and rode the train - - and then drove 3 hours back home.  Very long day, with not a lot of opportunities for new things.

However - I did manage to bite some of my son's funnel cake with powdered sugar.  That is total junk food, I know - but I have always been very afraid of powdered sugar.  Sounds stupid, I am sure - but seriously - I would send pancakes back in a heartbeat if they ever came out with powdered sugar on them.  So my son asked me to take a bite of his funnel cake - including the powdered sugar - and I did.  Guess what, I did not die.  Amazing, I know.  Bad part is - - I kinda liked it.  No, that is not something I need to like - but one bite won't kill me.

I also tried some home-made lemonade with a big fat lemon in it.  I don't think I have ever had that before.  It was a little tart - but not too bad.

All in all - an awesome day.


No comments:

Post a Comment