Friday, December 02, 2011

Day 211 - Mocha Frappe from McDonalds

So today was kind of a busy crazy whirlwind kind of day, and I got to spend it with my husband who was off work.   Then he was a saint and took the teenage girls out shopping while I stayed home with the boys this evening.

SO here it is like 10:30 at night almost, and they come back.  It dawns on me that I have not tried anything new today, and about decided to just go with trying two new things tomorrow.

Then Lana, the foreign exchange student from Ukraine, offers me some of her Mocha Frappe that she bought at McDonalds.  Hey - it was good for a taste.   I know I am very coffee illiterate and know very little.  I never drink coffee.  I tried it black once as part of this 300 day challenge and hated it.  I also tried a caramel frappe from Starbucks (also courtesy of Lana), and it was yummy - but knowing it is high in calories and not good for my adrenal glands, I never had another one.  Anyway, I tried some of her drink tonight.  It was okay - but not a huge fan.  I definitely could sense the strong coffee taste to it.  I did not need more than a sip.  And as I said before, coffee is not good for my adrenal gland deficiency anyway, but I am proud to have taken a sip - whereas something like that in the past would have freaked me out completely.

Meanwhile - hubby also surprised me with an early Christmas gift called 'Up' by Jawbone.   Gotta figure the whole thing out, but I'm excited.  It's like a fitness/food/sleep tracker bracelet that you can wear on your wrist 24/7, even in the shower or swimming or working out.  Battery stays charged for like 10 days.  It even vibrates if it detects you have not been active in a while, to remind you to get off your butt and get moving. Anyhoo, More on that later... but here is a link to the website about it:  http://jawbone.com/up/product

Happy Weekend to all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment