Sunday, December 04, 2011

Day 212 - Power Bar Performance Energy

Let me just say YUK in all capital letters.  I tried this Performance Energy bar thing called Power Bar.  It is Vanilla Crisp flavored.  It has 8 grams of protein and claims "..maximum energy delivery and cramp-crushing electrolytes."   Whatever.  It also has about 240 calories and 3.5 grams of fat, 26 grams of sugar (Total Carb 45 grams).  Sodium 200 mg.  No cholesterol.  The ingredient list is long and complicated and nowhere near clean.

Obviously from the opening remark - I did not like it.  It was very hard to chew for one thing - and just gross in general.  Can't even pawn it off on a kid.

Oh well - I have another bar to try, maybe that one will be better.

Meanwhile - I read an interesting post in one of my fitness groups about Grapefruit and how good it is for you, and low cal - and low sugars.   I hate grapefruit - but I think I'm going to need to try it again - at the very least maybe in a smoothie?   Any ideas or input on grapefruit is welcome.

Hope you had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment