Sunday, December 18, 2011

Changes

So, I've been keeping something to myself for a while now.  This blog is kind of stressing me out a little.  I wasn't exactly sure why, so I had to do a little thinking on the matter.  At first I was tempted to just quit it outright.  But the problem is, I'm not a quitter ... I really like to finish what I start.   Then I get discouraged because I feel like nobody is really paying attention anyway and oh 'what's the point' type mentality.  My own family barely even reads it, if at all.

Then I figured out that the true part of this that is stressing me out is the fact that I put a rule in the beginning that I had to try one new food EVERY. DANG. DAY!  I have actually accomplished 275 days of this, and I am much better at ignoring the fear of new smells or textures, etc. - - but it is getting old. Not the tasting part, but I think I have taken the excitement and point of it all away because it will be late at night and I'll be stressed thinking 'oh crap, I didn't try something new' and just scurrying around the find something.  AND I had made a rule that if I Missed a day, I had to do TWO things the next day, and I really don't like doing that.

SO instead of quitting, I am just going to change it.   I am not going to pressure myself in this manner that I absolutely have to try something EVERY. DANG. DAY!  I am not going to quit until I hit 300 new foods.  Maybe that will be by Leap Day 2012, or maybe it will be Cindo de Mayo 2012, or maybe not, but that is not really the point anyhow.  The point is to look for opportunities to experience new recipes, flavors, textures, etc.  The point is to broaden my horizons and not be so stressed out about what day I'm on and having to blog EVERY. DANG. DAY!  You get the idea.

Hope you're not disappointed in me or anything, if anyone is out there, but I am not really enjoying this anymore and I don't want to just lose the progress I have made so far.  I also don't want to be so limited in what I am blogging about.  Sometimes I Feel like I have things I'd like to share or say - but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a new food.

SO here's to hopefully a new and improved outlook and positive changes moving forward.

Hope you had a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. You are doing this for YOU. I think you are doing great and I'm really proud of you. You are very brave. Keep it up at YOUR pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound like a great new plan tome. This is myfirst visit to your blog, so I've taken some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like what you have been doing here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it can get overwhelming! Spacing it out sounds like a good idea! I make an effort to try new things that I *want* to try. Not just trying it because its new. Maybe you can write a list of things that sounds fun, healthy, etc. and give it a go. Then its things you are excited about to eat instead of trying to find whatever?
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete